Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Oh wait ! I forgot about how i'm getting theree

Welpp ! Thanks to the wonderful $1300 stipend provided by the Honors College at UNCG
 and the decent exchange rate from dollars to euros i will have to spare little to no personal expense on air fare to Spain. Although what I didn't realize is how much really goes into every little detail. In the past few days, I researched everything from currency conversion to flights and airport locations, distances from various cities and even car rental companies. Its crazy ! Did you know that $1 USD = .73 Euros. My goal is to try to purchase as much as I can regarding travel accomodations ahead of time while im still in the US and hopefully, that will save me a few dollars. For those considering the same theese two websites have been especially helpful to me Cheap-o Air and Expedia !

4 comments:

  1. That sounds exhausting. I hadn't even thought of that aspect of studing abroad. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being in the Honors College really has its benefits, $1,300 sure does help when you are traveling around the world. The exchange rates between the USD and the Euros are a sticky thing. You may find that depending on were you go in Europe the exchange rate will be slitty different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, I hate exchange rates, specifically when I travel to Europe. However, you're lucky you're not converting to the UK pound. Hopefully you enjoy studying abroad- it's an amazing experience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to know about the exchange rates! I hope they don't change too much when we go abroad. I'm going to Cuenca (hopefully)! We should definitely explore Spain together!

    ReplyDelete