Saturday, March 26, 2011



One of my favorite aspects of La Cultura Espanol es the food. Back home, I worked at me neighborhood McDonalds for almost a year and the majority of those that I worked with were immigrants of Mexico and various Latin and American countries. As you can imagine, after a while you get quite sick of the same old burgers and fries and my coworkers would bring in the most amazing authentic spanish food from home. I found it interesting that the vast majority of them wouldn't eat anything if it wasn't spicy and through them I actually developed a fondness of spicy food that I hadn't had before. Its been so long since I've had authentic spanish food and I can't wait to see what different cuisines that Spain has to offer me. yum !

1 comment:

  1. I love spicy food too. MY best friend's grandmother is from Mexico, so I love eating with their family. Although I've heard there are some differences in food from Spanish-speaking countries- for example, a tortilla in Spain is kind of like an omelette with potatoes. But it all sounds delicious to me!

    ReplyDelete